Under the supervision of the head of IT, the IT coordinator will be responsible for assisting the department head and for the execution of the many different projects handled by the department.
In more concrete terms, we’re looking for an IT Coordinator who can maintain communication between the project managers and internal stakeholders. Not only will the selected candidate act as a liaison between departments, but they will be responsible for playing an active, hands-on part in preparing projects, tasks, and helping with the execution of other activities.
Working closely with the head of IT, the coordinator will also ensure the proper application of processes such as the Agile (Scrum and Kanban) method across all teams.
On a typical day as IT coordinator, you will…
- Participate in weekly meetings with the different departments of the organization;
- Organize and standardize all tasks and subtasks so that the IT team can assess order of priority;
- Help internal stakeholders with their needs and requirements;
- Ensure that the selected projects and tasks are complete before assigning them;
- Implement new processes to help improve workflow and minimize the possible impact that unforeseen or unplanned tasks may present;
- Work closely on project follow-up with team leaders;
- Follow-up on the progress of internal stakeholders’ projects;
- Do post-mortems on projects that have been delivered;
- Ensure the continuous improvement of our practices in order to achieve our objectives;
- Lend a hand to the IT support agent in managing his various requests to the team of programmers;
Your background and educational experience
- Holds a minimum of a DEC or bachelor’s degree;
- Has at least one to three years’ experience in project management;
Our ideal candidate:
- Is bilingual (French and English, oral and written);
- Has an understanding of the IT development cycle
- Possesses a solid understanding of different IT technologies (different programming languages and software)
- Is well-versed in the Agile methodology (Scrum will be considered an asset)
- Must be familiar with Jira software (or equivalent)
- Well-versed in customer and user orientation
- A problem-solver
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- An ease with talking to people as the role requires you to interact with technical and non-technical teams all at once;
- Can work both independently and in a team-based setting;
- With great organizational skills;
- Can prioritize and juggle various projects;
- Someone who takes ownership for their own actions;
- A commitment to quality, service, and results.
- We’re Montreal-born and Montreal-based; our head office is located in one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in the city, located a stone’s throw from the Atwater Market and historic Lachine Canal!
- A comprehensive employee benefits package, including health, dental, medical and vision benefits
- BonLook employees are eligible to receive generous employee discounts—for you and your family
- A competitive salary