*One-year maternity leave replacement
We’re looking for a quality control optician to act as a support to all of our in-store opticians. The chosen candidate will coordinate the inspection all frames and lenses, ensure the proper management of optical supplies, and assemble orders for BonLook clients and stores. Our desired candidate must have a deep command of BonLook’s rigorous quality standards. We’re looking for someone with a thorough understanding of the principles of the optical industry. optical industry writ large. Expected start date: December 2, 2019.
As the Quality Control Laboratory Optician, you’ll…
- Coordinate and carry out random or planned inspections orders intended for both stores and customers to ensure that the company’s deadlines and quality standard procedures are established.
- Coordinate the order backlog for the optical grinding machines.
- Produce regular analyses of the various issues that arise during lens production
- Carry out lens cutting and lens fittings at the request of internal clients
- Make adjustments to frames and lenses as needed
- Provide training as needed on frame verification and adjustment processes.
- Provide training as needed on different lens cutting and mounting techniques.
- Coordinate scheduling with employees as per their needs and approve requests linked to any changes in schedule.
Get in touch if you…
- Are a member of and in good standing with the l’Ordre des Opticiens d’Ordonnance du Québec;
- Have prior experience working in an optical lab;
- At least one year of experience in a management role
- Possess an absolute mastery of the French language, both spoken and written and a working knowledge of English;
- Are autonomous
- Are a creative, outside-the-box thinker
- Are comfortable working in a tech-driven environment
- Are eager to work in a small-to-medium business environment, one that is experiencing continual growth
- Have superior communication and motor skills
- An eye for precision and a keen attention-to-detail
- A proven multi-tasker, juggling several tasks simultaneously with an ability to manage stress
Why you’ll love being a part of the BonLook team:
- We’re Montreal-born and Montreal-based; our head office is located in one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in the city, located a stone’s throw from the Atwater Market and historic Lachine Canal!
- We offer a competitive health, dental, medical and vision benefits package
- BonLook employees are eligible to receive generous employee discounts—for you and your family
- A competitive salary
Interested? Apply now!