Based in Montréal, BonLook was founded in 2011 with the purpose of reshaping the optical industry and changing the way people shop for prescription eyewear and sunglasses.
At BonLook, you’re more than just a member of a team—you’re a partner in our company’s success. A career here means days filled with new, exciting challenges and fulfilling professional experiences. You’ll benefit from working alongside a talented and passionate group of people, learning extensively about both the optical and retail industry. We pride ourselves on being a company committed to transparency, excellence, innovation, and joy.
With multiple store locations across the country (and still growing!) we’re a company that’s expanding rapidly, which means there’s no telling where your BonLook journey may take you.
Are you ready to #SeeYourFuture at BonLook?
Under the supervision of the Purchasing Manager, the Analyst is responsible for creating analyses and reports to support the purchasing team’s supervision of operations and strategic decision making.
More specifically, the Analyst manages and plans inventory levels to reach sales, profit and turnover objectives. The Analyst is responsible for providing pre-season planning and in-season financial forecasts through an analysis of monthly sales. With the purchasing team’s assistance, the Analyst identifies risks and opportunities to maximize benefits.
The Analyst must organize his or her work and manage priorities in order to optimize deliverables. He or she must be able to handle several projects simultaneously. The Analyst works in partnership with the IT and Business Intelligence departments to reach sales objectives and makes sure his or her work is in line with the company’s current standards and practices.
In addition to his or her role within the department, the Analyst contributes positively to the team’s growth in order to constantly raise quality and innovation standards. The Analyst must be able to work as part of a team and to support colleagues through daily challenges.
- Ensure understanding of requests and validate relevant tools to create analyses
- Create reports in various formats, such as CSV/Excel, email and Tableau
- Comply with departmental and company standards and best practices
- Actively contribute to the company’s knowledge base
- Proactively seek opportunities to expand and strengthen the knowledge base and process-related skills
- Perform related tasks
- Examine and review the company’s overall revenue objectives to divide them into categories
- In partnership with the Purchasing Manager, analyze trends by category to create a preliminary assortment plan
- For each division, develop monthly plans to reach sales, profit and turnover objectives
- Prepare Open-to-Buy worksheets
- Work with the buyers to analyze sales for each distribution channel
- Analyze and complete monthly forecasts in OTB
- Provide sales, profit forecast and monthly receiving needs
- Prepare and update the analysis of forecasts by category
- Provide a detailed analysis of sales based on current trends and identify positive and negative impact factors
- Provide monthly reports for full-price styles
- Identify ageing of inventory and problematic styles every week for all categories
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience and 3 years in merchandise planning, preferably in a retail fashion environment
- Bilingual (French/English, spoken and written)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of SQL
- Highly analytical mind
- Communication and interpersonal relations
- Ability to discuss with members of technical and non-technical teams at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work autonomously in a vibrant environment
- Organizational skills
- Ability to be accountable for his or her actions
- Problem and challenge resolution skills
- Perseverance, autonomy and initiative
- Focus on quality, service and results
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes and proposals
- IT process specialization
- Basic knowledge of Python
Why you’ll love being a part of the BonLook team:
- We’re Montreal-born and Montreal-based; our head office is located in one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in the city, located a stone’s throw from the Atwater Market and historic Lachine Canal;
- A competitive salary;
- For full-timers, we offer health, dental, medical and vision benefits;
- Employees receive up to 70% off four pairs of glasses each year, plus tons of bonus savings for friends and family;
- Work with great leaders;
- A fun work environment with tons of potential for career growth.