Are you ready to learn, face new challenges, and contribute to the continual growth and success a young, dynamic, Montreal-born-and-based company? Have you ever experienced what sort of impact a short line of code can have on 40 stores across Canada and thousands of online shoppers?
As our back-end developer, you will be involved in many large-scale projects. In this role, you will experience first-hand the different ways in which results from your hard work directly impacts the customer experience as well as the company’s overall sales and operations. Under the supervision of your team lead, you will be working in an open-minded environment alongside a passionate team. You will benefit from many rewarding experiences along the way. In more concrete terms, you will help transition our IT systems and processes into cloud solutions, help with the continual improvement of our IT processes, the customer experience, and participate in the implementation of a strategic development plan.
At BonLook, our employee’s professional growth is a top priority. Because we’re a rapidly-expanding company, there is no shortage of potential career opportunities for you! With us, you will be a part of a #DREAMTEAM. Join us and see for yourself just how fulfilling it is to democratize and change the way consumers are buying glasses from here and all over the world!
- A thorough understanding of the Python language will be considered an asset
- Previous work with databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Previous work in a UNIX/LINUX environment
- Knowledge of VCS (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Knowledge of working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- A demonstrated ability to work in virtual environments (Docker, Virtualbox, etc.)
- Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Web Frameworks and MVC structures
- A desire to learn and grow at BonLook
- A proven ability to manage tight deadlines; must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and growing environment
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-growing company
- Open-mindedness and a strong sense of team spirit
- Autonomy and attention-to-detail
- Have already worked with the AWS environment (EC2, Lambda, SQS, RDS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience with Python language
- Be able to work in virtual environments (Docker, Virtualbox, etc.)
- Experience with automated build tools (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Must be bilingual (French and English)