Do you like learning, being challenged and most importantly, contributing to the success of a young, growing, local business? Are you interested in new technologies and curious to find out how a small piece of coding can impact dozens of stores throughout Canada as well as thousands of visitors online?
As a front-end developer, you will contribute to large-scale projects and have a direct impact on customer experience, sales and business operations. Under the team leader’s supervision, you will work in a dynamic and agile environment alongside passionate teammates with rich and diverse backgrounds.
At BonLook, the development of our employees is a priority. You would be part of a #DREAMTEAM in a fast-growing company where career advancement opportunities abound. We aim to transform and facilitate our customers’ shopping experience, wherever they are. This is your chance to help!
- Modify, develop and improve React.js and PHP web applications.
- Modify, develop and improve Shopify themes.
- Implement various back-end services such as internal and external APIs.
- Diagnose, measure and identify performance issues affecting web applications, and resolve them in collaboration with our infrastructure team by modifying and adding endpoints in BonLook’s API.
- Develop and code technical solutions that foster durable performance and structures.
- Contribute to a complete development cycle (analysis, conception, assessment, development, tests and roll-out).
- Synthetize issues, proposed solutions and software engineering concepts in a concise and accessible manner.
- Write code with the purpose of fostering system development and optimization.
- Ensure the proper functioning of developed applications.
- Adhere to department and company norms and best practices.
- Perform assigned tasks and keep the manager apprised of the status of every project.
- Work in collaboration with coordinators, project managers and product owners to estimate the time required to complete corrections and modifications to assigned tasks.
- Adequately complete the project management software.
- Actively contribute to the broadening and deepening of the company’s knowledge foundation and to the improvement of processes in a proactive manner.
- Remain available to resolve any disruption or degradation of operational computing services.
Our ideal candidate
- Experience with React.js, Typescript and Shopify
- Acute UI/UX instincts
- Creative and analytical
- Experience with Git
- Experience with RESTful API integration and use
- Experience with databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with a UNIX/Linux environment
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to work in virtual environments (Docker, Virtualbox, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python an asset
- Eager to learn and grow within the company
- Ability to navigate tight deadlines in a fast-growing environment
- Open-mindedness and ability to work with a team
- Independence and meticulousness
- Bilingualism (French/English)
Why work at BonLook?
- Ultra-dynamic working environment
- Offices in the trendy Montreal neighbourhood of St-Henri
- Brunch and learn
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited coffee
- Bike racks and showers for adventurers