Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for championing the recruiting, hiring, developing of diverse talent and ensuring the teams are engaged in a customer and team-focused culture. He will be responsible for the continued development and implementation of best practices for recruitment, talent management, benefits, compensation and total rewards programs, as well as policy development and compliance with all applicable labor laws. He will develop strategies with regard to HR policies, programs, procedures and key initiatives related to company culture, talent, diversity and inclusion. He will lead and develop a team of HR professionals to effectively partner with management across multiple business functions.
- Be a leading and visible presence in support of the company culture to ensure our employees have a cohesive and consistent experience throughout their employment lifecycle with the company.
- Be proactive in developing a steady pipeline of candidates to meet the talent demands of the company, including establishing recruitment and hiring practices that ensure the company meets/exceeds our diversity hiring goal for our stores, call center, distribution center and head office.
- Ensure that current and future growth of the business are reflecting the development and implementation of HR programs and its deliverables align to the strategic business objectives of the organization.
- Lead and develop the human resources team in the execution of the company’s HR services for Employee Benefits, Compensation and HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and Training & Organizational Development
- Maintain and develop strong partnerships with senior management to support the organizational and departmental needs and development of their teams.
- Direct a process of organizational development that primarily addresses internal career pathing, succession planning and cross-departmental job experiences throughout the company.
- Develop learning, training and career development initiatives that support the organizational needs, including compliance, diversity and inclusion awareness, skills development, management development and job-specific training.
- Supervise the development of actionable metrics that drive analysis and insight within HR.
- Oversee the Annual Performance Review and Talent Management processes.
- Ensure all provincial labor law compliance in partnership with legal partners
- Create and leverage business analytics to diagnose and apply HR initiatives to improve business results.
- Must have minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline;
- Must have CRHA certification;
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of HR experience with a strong understanding of the retail environment; experience within specialty retailing a plus;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in HR team management
- Experience working within a high growth digital and data-driven organization is a plus;
- Broad knowledge of employee relations, recruiting, talent management, training and development, total rewards and HCM systems;
- Proven background in organizational development, planning and design;
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of the operation of a vertical retailer, digital retailing and of the product development process;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills;
- Perfectly bilingual French and English;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing projects;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization;
- Ability to hire and coach a team;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.