Based in Montréal, BonLook was founded in 2011 with the purpose of reshaping the optical industry and changing the way people shop for prescription eyewear and sunglasses.
At BonLook, you are more than just a member of a team — you are a partner in our company’s success. A career here means days filled with new, exciting challenges and fulfilling professional experiences. You will benefit from working alongside a talented and passionate group of people, learning extensively about both the optical and retail industry. We pride ourselves on being a company committed to transparency, excellence, innovation, and joy.
With multiple store locations across the country (and still growing!) we are a company that is expanding rapidly, which means there is no telling where your BonLook journey may take you.
Are you ready to #SeeYourFuture at BonLook?
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Senior Analyst is responsible for carrying all tasks related to budgeting and reforecasting, cashflow management and preparation of financial statements. Working with the controller and the VP Finance, the senior analyst will prepare different reports and participate to the performance review of different projects undertaken by the Company. The incumbent will also prepare various reports and participates in the analysis of discrepancies and issues aimed to assess the performance of various projects undertaken by the Company. He or she also assists in identifying solutions aimed at improving processes. The candidate should have interest in learning about the controller’s tasks and vice-versa in order to ensure continuity in the absence of one another.
- Responsible for the budget model
- Lead the budget process (establish assumptions) with the directors
- Monthly assessment of actual against budget with the directors (with the help of the controller)
- Reforecast the budget for senior management periodically
- Cashflow management:
- Weekly cashflow management with variance to actual/forecast and report to the VP Finance and senior management
- Elaborate a process for cash reconciliation from cash to unearned revenue (balance sheet) to revenue (P&L) and ensure the system processes the information properly/inquire about inconsistencies in the process
- Prepare financial statements:
- Together with the controller, assist in the preparation of the monthly board package, including financial statements and KPI analysis
- Prepare and run performance analysis on different projects undertaken by the Company
- Bacc in accounting or finance
- Accounting title or CFA, an asset
- Mandatory excellent knowledge of Excel
- At least 5 years in financial modeling or advanced financial analysis
- Knowledge of Tableau (developing mode) a plus
- Excellent knowledge of basic accounting principles (Canadian GAAP) and flow between financial statements
- Bilingual (English and French, written and spoken)
- Adaptability in an ever-changing, high-growth environment
- Able to work under pressure and strong tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to adapt quickly to the various internal customers
WHY WORK WITH US
- Montreal based company offering growth opportunities
- Nothing beats working in one of Montreal’s greatest neighbourhoods right next to Atwater market, and working with a team of dynamic and talented people (With the context of COVID-19, BonLook encourages work from home with its employees)
- Flexible schedule
- Complete health benefits package: health, dental and medical
- Generous employee discount for yourself, your friends and your family
- Competitive salary aligned with qualifications and experience
- Free coffee!