Are you ready to learn, face new challenges, and contribute to the continual growth and success of a young, dynamic, Montreal-born-and-based company? Have you ever experienced what sort of impact your work can have on 40 stores across Canada and thousands of online shoppers? If you are a creative yet analytical, results-driven project manager looking to make your mark with an industry leader, we want to hear from you!
As our lead project manager, you will be involved in managing, coordinating and training a team of product owners and project coordinators working in conjunction with technical teams on many large-scale projects and operational improvements to the technology stack powering BonLook. In this role, you will experience first-hand the different ways in which results from your hard work directly impacts the customer experience as well as the company’s overall sales performance and operations.
Reporting to the IT director, your main goal from a managerial standpoint will be to oversee a project management team, communicate company goals, and provide help and insight to management on subjects like team performance, process improvement and team training. From an operational standpoint, you will also be responsible for taking on new or existing projects by helping your team plan and organize digital projects, implementing processes and procedures to streamline IT operations and development work.
At BonLook, our employee’s professional growth is a top priority. Because we’re a rapidly expanding company, there is no shortage of potential career opportunities for you! With us, you will be a part of a #DREAMTEAM. Join us and see for yourself just how fulfilling it is to democratize and change the way consumers are buying glasses from here and all over the world!
- Lead and coordinate a team of project coordinators and product owners in order to track and manage multiple client projects and work with technical teams using Agile methodologies
- Manage training, utilization, development and performance review of assigned staff while ensuring lessons learned are implemented across current projects
- Lead weekly project meetings with internal cross-functional teams, providing transparency to task status and identifying issues while proactively identifying resource constraints and working with internal cross-functional teams on creative solutions
- Present project reviews and provide status reporting to business units and company leadership
- Resolve issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change; work beyond the IT department to further optimize and improve existing processes
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal customers to analyze needs and requirements
- Partner with business units and company leadership to define success metrics and criteria
- Develop and maintain project plans including scope, tasks, assignments, timeline, dependencies, and risks in Jira and other project management tools
- Participate in the software development lifecycle: coordinating resources, creating documentation, and running release events
- Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track; initiate and implement appropriate actions and proactively engage in both quality assurance and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to client requirements
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience with technical project management
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal customers at all organizational levels
- Ability to organize data to make and present logical data-driven conclusions to leadership and diverse employee groups
- Customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborative style that emphasizes teamwork, values the contributions of each team member, and encourages participation in achieving results for the company and its business units
- Ability to lead small-to-medium scale projects, including development of plans for scope, timeline, budget, issue management, and managing change
- Experience conducting and leading team meetings to manage the schedule, identify risks and review project deliverables
- Comfort adapting to frequent changes and unpredictability
- A proven ability to manage tight deadlines; must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and growing environment
- A desire to learn and grow at BonLook
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-growing company
- Open-mindedness and a strong sense of team spirit
- Autonomy and attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration and communication (verbal and writing) skills
- Experience in a digital or IT environment is preferred
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology, Scrum or Agile certification will be considered an asset
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Our work environment is high-energy and tons of fun — no two days are ever alike!
- Our offices are located in one of Montreal’s trendiest neighbourhoods, St-Henri
- Brunch and learn
- A flexible schedule
- Unlimited coffee to go!
- Bike racks and showers for cyclists