Are you ready to learn, face new challenges, and contribute to the continual growth and success of a young, dynamic, Montreal-born-and-based company? Have you ever experienced what sort of impact your work can have on 40 stores across Canada and thousands of online shoppers? If you're up for the challenge of helping us transform the industry and provide customers with an unparalleled mobile experience on iPhones and iPads, then this role is for you!
We’re looking for a Senior iOS developer who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at iPhones and iPads. Your primary focus will be developing iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. In this role, you will contribute to building products that will impact both online and in-store customers. You’ll help drive product direction, taking the steps necessary to solve user problems and find new and innovative ways to keep customers engaged. You’ll collaborate with a team of talented developers and product managers to break down complex problems, and be required to experiment with new ideas quickly. You’ll also help design and enhance the mobile architecture to enable teams to run experiments and iterate very quickly.
At BonLook, our employee’s professional growth is a top priority. Because we’re a rapidly expanding company, there is no shortage of potential career opportunities for you! With us, you will be a part of a #DREAMTEAM. Join us and see for yourself just how fulfilling it is to democratize and change the way consumers are buying glasses from here and all over the world!
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug-fixing and improving application performance
- Maintain the code and atomization of the application
- Participate in code reviews and write automated tests
- Lead the design and development of solutions to both technical and business problems
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
Qualifications & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in iOS development with Swift
- Proficient with Swift, the iOS frameworks, SPM and CocoaPods
- Experience with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience with AWS services, especially with S3, CloudWatch and DynamoDB
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning, and benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Desire and ability to expand expertise into additional mobile languages
- Expertise in designing testable software and building large scale, complex applications.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized, and production-ready code
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
- Desire to build a large in-house team and manage a group of developers over time. Some management experience is preferred.
- A desire to learn and grow at BonLook.
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-growing company.
- Open-mindedness and a strong sense of team spirit.
- Autonomy and attention to detail.
- Must be bilingual (French and English).
- Our work environment is high-energy and tons of fun — no two days are ever alike!
- Our offices are located in one of Montreal’s trendiest neighbourhoods, St-Henri
- Brunch and learn
- A flexible schedule
- Unlimited coffee to go!
- Bike racks and showers for cyclists