Are you ready to learn, face new challenges, and contribute to the continual growth and success of a young, dynamic, Montreal-born-and-based company? Have you ever experienced what sort of impact your work can have on 40 stores across Canada and thousands of online shoppers? If you're up for the challenge of helping us transform the industry and provide customers with an unparalleled user experience, then this role is for you!
As our back-end developer, you will be involved in many large-scale projects. In this role, you will experience first-hand the different ways in which results from your hard work directly impacts the customer experience as well as the company’s overall sales and operations. Under the supervision of your team lead, you will be working in an open-minded environment alongside a passionate team. You will benefit from many rewarding experiences along the way. In more concrete terms, you will help transition our IT systems and processes into cloud solutions, help with the continual improvement of our IT processes, the customer experience, and participate in the implementation of a strategic development plan.
At BonLook, our employee’s professional growth is a top priority. Because we’re a rapidly-expanding company, there is no shortage of potential career opportunities for you! With us, you will be a part of a #DREAMTEAM. Join us and see for yourself just how fulfilling it is to democratize and change the way consumers are buying glasses from here and all over the world!
- Design and build advanced applications and microservices for the platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug-fixing and improving application performance
- Maintain the code and atomization of the platform
- Participate in code reviews and write automated tests
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes
Qualifications & Requirements
- A thorough understanding of the Python language will be considered an asset
- Previous work with databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Previous work in a UNIX/LINUX environment
- Knowledge of VCS (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
- Knowledge of working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure), especially experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, SQS, RDS, SNS, etc.)
- A demonstrated ability to work in virtual environments (Docker, Virtualbox, etc.)
- Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with MVC and MVVM patterns, RESTful APIs, data structures and serverless architecture based on microservices
- Experience with an ERP system
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized, and production-ready code
- A proven ability to build prototypes and take a data-driven approach to product development, testing and measuring new ideas very quickly
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-growing company
- Open-mindedness and a strong sense of team spirit
- Autonomy and attention to detail
- Must be bilingual (French and English)
- Our work environment is high-energy and tons of fun — no two days are ever alike!
- Our offices are located in one of Montreal’s trendiest neighbourhoods, St-Henri
- Brunch and learn
- A flexible schedule
- Unlimited coffee to go!
- Bike racks and showers for cyclists